The Victorian Coastal Inundation Dataset (the product) is a digital dataset consisting of eight spatial layers modelling the extent of land subject to coastal inundation due to projected sea level rise and storm tide from 2009 to 2100.
This product is recommended for use at a scale of approximately 1:75,000 or less detail to reflect the limitations in the modelling and the recommended catchment to regional scale of inundation assessments with this product. The product is NOT suitable for assessments of potential risks at property level.
The datasets available are:
Sea Level Rise:
- SLR00CM_2009 - Current (2009) sea level
- SLR20CM_2040 - Projected 20cm sea level rise by 2040
- SLR47CM_2070 - Projected 47cm sea level rise by 2070
- SLR82CM_2100 - Projected 82cm sea level rise by 2100
Storm tide (1-in-100 year) with added wind forcing plus sea level rise
- SLR00CM_ST_2009 - Current (2009) inundation to 1-in-100 year storm tide level
- SLR20CM_ST_2040 - Inundation to 1-in-100 year storm tide level with storm surge increased by 6% plus 20 cm sea level rise
- SLR47CM_ST_2070 - Inundation to 1-in-100 year storm tide level with storm surge increased by 13% plus 47 cm sea level rise
- SLR82CM_ST_2100 - Inundation to 1-in-100 year storm tide level with storm surge increased by 19% plus 82 cm sea level rise