Consumer Affairs Victoria - Quantitative Output Measures

The number of: - The total number of information and advice provided via Consumer Affairs Victoria’s consumer telephone services including the Regulatory Transaction Centre (RTC), Information and Dispute Services Centre (IDSC) and the regional offices. Consumer Affairs Victoria telephone lines include: general consumers, residential accommodation (including estate agents/owners corporation/retirement villages), registration and licensing and domestic building. Other telephone lines include small business, Koori, Chinese language, unlicensed motor car trading, and toy safety.

  • Information and advice provided to consumers, tenants and businesses through written correspondence and face-to-face. This measure quantifies amount of advice that Consumer Affairs Victoria provides through its: • Information and Dispute Service Centre (IDSC) • Residential tenancy site visits • Funded service providers, including for consumers and tenants and through financial counselling • Counter services and information sessions in Victoria’s regions • Front line resolution and conciliation team

  • Activities undertaken by Consumer Affairs Victoria to ensure compliance of businesses. This includes through letters issued, engagements with businesses and through a range of enforcement activities such as inspections, issuing infringement notices and court action.

  • Registration and licensing services by Consumer Affairs Victoria’s Regulatory Transaction Centre (RTC). Consumer Affairs Victoria manages registration schemes for several types of entities including incorporated associations, co-operatives, fundraisers, limited partnerships, patriotic funds and retirement villages. Consumer Affairs Victoria also manages licensing for occupations including estate agents, second-hand dealers, motor car traders, conveyancers, owners corporation managers, sex work service providers and brothel managers, exempt sex work service providers and rooming house operators (commencing April 2017).

  • Bond lodgements and repayments transactions services provided by the Residential Tenancies Bonds Authority (RTBA).

Data and Resources

Additional Information

Field Value
Published (Metadata Record) 25/05/2018
Last updated 26/05/2018
Organisation Consumer Affairs Victoria
License Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International